Sunday, August 31, 2014

Alejandro's response

So I just got done reading David Bryne's article about New York, and It seem to affirm my idea of what New York really was. Through my life, and college career, the city of New York was made to look like the center for every hunger artist to go to make it life. I always thought that this idea was a bit contrive due to fact that if so many people are going there then there's no way all of them are going to get the thing they're looking, especially when it cost so much. So now after reading this article and hearing how the so called 1% are slowly pushing the creative culture that made the city away for a more of a playground for the rich, it kind doesn't surprise me, this sounds like something that I would expect wing the cynic that I am. It sucks of course, I hate the idea of this happening, I just now know why I didn't want to go and live in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment