Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Poetry holds the place Conceptual Art used to...Kenneth Goldsmith

I wrote down a lot of quotes made by Kenneth Goldsmith in the podcast and even some articles about him that I researched. Intriguing concepts that plagiarism is now the the New Aesthetic... 'all stolen", creativity is debunked in Goldsmith's classes--No "creative" writing allowed. By being forced to use other's work and change the context by its new placement within a document is actually how true creativeness happens ( harder than it sounds, I am sure. )
A Conceptual Art mantra?

* " a movement of observation"
* "the Lifestream is on 24/7 "
* " the warmth of a seat that has been left"  Duchamp.
* "pointing not making"
* '"a state between states"

I feel I should have stolen these boldly instead of using quotation marks. Next time...in my art...where it counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment