Saturday, September 13, 2014

Carolee Schneemann - Whitney Ratliff

Last week, I messed up. I posted the BAS about everyone but Greg Sholette! Guess, I didn't listen to all of it. Oops. 



In Carolee Schneemann's podcast, Schneemann talks about her artwork from when she first became an artist and what fueled her inspirations to create artwork that pushed the discourse of the human body, sexuality, and gender within society's perspective. One point she makes is that her and her respective artists were all hugely influential bringing together the intensity of their cultural discoveries and that she had brought issues of painting, not only with what she was doing but what she was learning at the time as well. Most of her works that were the most iconic even to this day were created in the 60's and 70's. Her mantra now is, "My use of my body reflected the body of the work." 

This podcast was a good overlook at all of Carolee Schneemann's past and present works. I felt like the questions asked were very insightful and well presented. It covered a lot of and Carolee was very open and humble with her responses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment